Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for medical assistance you must meet certain requirements established by the New Jersey Department of Human Services and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. For information call
To be eligible, a person must:
- be a resident of New Jersey
- be a U.S. Citizen or qualified alien
- meet specific standards for financial income and resources
In addition, a person must fall into one of the following categories:
- Families with dependent children
- People who are 65 years of age or older, blind, or permanently disabled
- Pregnant Women
To enroll for medical assistance, call your County Welfare Agency or Board of Social Services.