Changes to Management of the Horizon Behavioral Health Program
On or about January 1, 2020, Horizon NJ Health will move the administrative and clinical management of the Horizon NJ Health Behavioral Health℠ Program – behavioral health services and benefits – from Beacon Health Options (formerly ValueOptions) to Horizon NJ Health’s internal operations.
What does this mean?
Horizon NJ Health will no longer use Beacon Health Options to manage the program. This change does not impact your plan benefits and services.
- You will continue to have access to behavioral health services according to your plan.
- There will be no changes to the network of behavioral health care professionals that participate with your plan.
- You don’t need a new member ID card.
- You can still use the phone numbers that you currently use to access behavioral health care benefits and services.
- Your health care information will remain safeguarded to protect your privacy.
Horizon NJ Health remains committed to working with health care professionals throughout the state to improve care for our members facing mental health issues and substance use disorders.