Quit Smoking Support
Get Help Quitting Smoking
Becoming smoke-free is one of the best things you can do to improve your health. By quitting smoking, you can improve your lung function and circulation and reduce your chance of developing certain cancers and heart disease, among many other benefits. It may help you add years to your life.
New Jersey has several support options to help you quit smoking:
- NJ Quitline: 1-866-NJ-STOPS or 1-866-657-8677 (TYY: 711) Clients can design a personalized program and obtain support from counselors in 26 languages. NJ Quitline is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (except holidays) and Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- NJ Quitnet: http://njquitline.org/ NJ Quitnet is a 24 hour, 7 day-a-week online resource with free peer support and trained counselors.
- NJ Quitcenters: NJ Quitcenters offer clients professional, face-to-face counseling in individual or group sessions. Centers can be located through NJ Quitnet or NJ Quitline.
The medicines listed below are available to Horizon NJ Health members and can help you quit smoking. Ask your doctor if any of these are right for you:
• Bupropion (Zyban)
• Nicotine transdermal patches (Nicoderm)
• Nicotine polacrilex gum (Nicorette)
• Nicotine polacrilex lozenge (Commit)