Horizon NJ Health’s Care Management program has a team of nurses and social workers dedicated to helping our members navigate the health care system.
Our Care Managers will:
- Help you coordinate services with your doctors, pharmacies and home care agencies
- Schedule doctor appointments, transportation and translation services
- Provide education to help you manage your chronic health condition
- Be there for you to answer any questions you have about your health and/or your benefits
- Provide resources for housing, behavioral health services, food, finance and education
Our Care Management program is free and voluntary. It is available for both adults and children. For more information, or to enroll in our Care Management program call 1-800-682-9094 x89634, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time.
Complex Case Management
Horizon NJ Health’s Complex Case Management program has a team of nurses and social workers dedicated to helping members with complex medical conditions and who are at risk for admission to the hospital.
Our Case Managers will:
- Visit members at their hospital bedside and assist with any hospital discharge planning
- Work closely with you to educate you about your chronic health condition
- Coordinate services with your Primary Care Provider, specialist and any home services needed upon discharge
During your first 30 days at home, our Case Managers will:
- Educate you on the signs and symptoms of your condition
- Discuss how to avoid a repeat Emergency Room or inpatient hospital stay
- Coordinate and manage your care by working with you, your family and other health care providers
- Help you with referrals for follow-up care or community resources
- Assist with any behavioral health needs
- Create a care plan based on your needs and goals
For more information, or to enroll in our Complex Case Management program call 1-800-682-9094 x89634, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Eastern Time.