Mom's GEMS Prenatal Program
Horizon NJ Health created Mom’s GEMS (Getting Early Maternity Services) prenatal program to ensure that expecting members get proper prenatal care and education on how to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
Members who join the Mom’s GEMS program will receive support throughout and following their pregnancy such as routine OB-GYN visits, access to specialists, care and case management services, transportation, nutrition advice, breast-feeding help, nurse visits and health care for their babies for up to 60 days following their birth.
Encouraging your patients to join Horizon’s Mom’s GEMS program can help them achieve a healthy pregnancy. Alternately, you can enroll your patients. Members can sign up by calling 1-800-682-9094 and asking for the Mom’s GEMS department. For hearing and speech-impaired call 1-800-682-9090 (TTY 711).
Personalized pregnancy information with the BabyGEMS app
The BabyGEMS app helps pregnant women and new moms track their baby’s health through every stage. Members can enter their due date and birth date, and the BabyGEMS app sets up pregnancy milestones and provides resources and information about pregnancy and parenthood.
Members can use BabyGEMS to:
- Connect with Horizon NJ Health resources for pregnancy and early childhood;
- Get milestones, week-by-week updates and daily tips for each step in the pregnancy journey;
- Track their baby’s due date;
- Keep a list of questions to ask at their next doctor’s appointment;
- Look up symptoms and issues;
- Get personalized healthy pregnancy recommendations; and
- Use the Baby Kick Counter to track their baby’s movement.
New moms can continue to use the BabyGEMS app to track their baby’s growth after delivery. They can record their baby’s development with feeding, diaper and growth trackers, and find advice for new parents on sleep, swaddling, health and nutrition, postpartum depression, and more.